Monday, January 18, 2010

Playing Catch (up)

I have declared this week "catch up" week! I am still waiting to hear from my customer about her Newsboy hat. I am finishing a hat right now that is going to be just adorable. It is an original design and I am excited to see the finished product. It is for a little 1 yr old, I believe it's going to be just precious.
My hopes are that I will get caught up this week and be down to a 1-2 week wait period for an order instead of 3-4. I also am anxious to start working on my new projects; jewelry, headbands, barrettes, afghans, slippers the list goes on and on. Plus it would be nice to work on learning some new stitches before the world catches on that I am still a novice, at least that is how I feel.
I do have a second Newsboy cap coming up (and a third after that), I am hoping that this style hat will not become my nemesis. I can't even mention the catastrophe of a men's beanie with a brim I just finished. I am too embarrassed! It is a sad thing that I might have to put away in a drawer so I don't have to see it when I walk into my work room. The Newsboy hat was trauma enough.... and I am less than a day away from a second one. I need a small victory to get my confidence up and my momentum going. I am hoping that this little girl's hat will be just that. Pictures will follow if it is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment